The office of Career and Professional Development (CAPD) at St. Edward’s University strives for open access and connections between students and employers. Our job and internship posting database, Handshake is provided free of charge to employers and to students/alumni seeking jobs and internships. CAPD reserves the right to determine the eligibility of a posting and to delete postings deemed unsuitable for our students. Any position that does not support the interests of the university or our students will not be posted.
Registering and logging into Handshake indicates that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions below:
- Positions that require any form of monetary commitment from students prior to employment can be posted only if any upfront costs, special fees, or purchases required as a preliminary condition of employment are clearly defined and advertised prominently in the job description.
- Positions that appear to discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected group status will not be posted.
- Positions that do not comply with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) standards will not be posted.
- Internships, both paid and unpaid, that do not comply with the U.S. Department of Labor’s Fair Labor Standards for Trainees or Students will not be posted
- Part-time/temporary postings offering compensation lower than the U.S. Department of Labor’s Guidelines for Federal Minimum Wage or State of Texas Minimum Wage Rates will not be posted.
CAPD promotes the Handshake database service to all of our students and alumni on a frequent basis. It is the students’ responsibility to utilize this service and to check it routinely. CAPD cannot guarantee employers that students have actually reviewed the job and internship postings. It is worth noting that student use of Hilltop Careers slows down when classes are not in session, especially in the summer months.
Before recruiting St. Edward’s University students and alumni, please take a few minutes to review our recruiting policies provided below:
- St. Edward’s University is a member of the National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE) and endorses their Principles for Professional Practice. We expect that all employment professionals recruiting St. Edward’s University students and alumni through Career and Professional Development will adhere to these principles.
- St. Edward’s University has sole discretion regarding access to the Career and Professional Development Office and any of its resources by employers, and may prohibit or remove such access to any specific employer, groups of employers, or agent(s)/representative(s) of any employer(s) at any time for any reason.
- St. Edward’s University General Career and Professional Development Policies
- St. Edward’s University Policies Related to Internships