Do you want a Career Coach to speak to your class, office, or organization? Perhaps you would like to partner with our office to bring in an employer relevant to your field of study? Career and Professional Development provides professional presentations on a variety of career-related topics, including but not limited to:
- Resume/Cover Letter Writing
- Interview Preparation
- LinkedIn Development
- What Can I Do With This Major?
- Networking 101
- Career Fair Preparation
- Professional Social Media Etiquette
Please fill out the Faculty Presentation Request Form to request a classroom presentation with your school’s Career Coach. If you are a staff member or student organization, we encourage you to fill out the Staff/Student Organization Presentation Request Form. If you have any problems, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career and Professional Development assists students in obtaining high-quality internships prior to graduation, while working closely with faculty and employer partners. CAPD is here to assist faculty with any or all of the following:
- Discussing National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE) suggestions and other university best practices for internships.
- Developing internships for your students.
- Assisting in the creation of internship course syllabi.
- Working with employers to create meaningful job descriptions.
- Advising students about the internship process.
- Maintaining internship postings on Handshake.
- Troubleshooting internship issues between students and employers.
- Offering workshops and class presentations on internships.
Internship Waiver: St. Edward’s University students who wish to participate in an internship for which they will receive academic credit or which is associated in any way with St. Edward’s University, must read, understand, and sign this internship participation acknowledgment and waiver of liability.
Career Assignments in a Box
Would you like to incorporate career development into your syllabus? Career and Professional Development provides ready-made assignments that can be incorporated into any course for any major! Our hope is to help ease faculty loads, while helping students in their professional development journeys. Assignment options include:
CAPD will handle all tracking and provide a list of students who have properly completed the assignment on time!
If you are interested in utilizing one of these assignments, please fill out the Faculty Assignment Roster Submission Form to request the assignment of your choosing. If you have any problems or questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Student Employee Professional Development
Would you like to incorporate professional development and/or trainings for your student employees? Career and Professional Development provides services, opportunities, and trainings that can be tailored for any student employment position! Our goal is to help our student employees understand their transferable skills and how those skills connect to their professional goals. Service options include:
- Clifton Strengths One-on-One Assessment/Discussion
- Clifton Strengths Group Training
- General CAPD Appointment (to discuss goals or other student needs)
- LinkedIn Review Appointment
- Resume Review (Appointment or Drop-off)
CAPD will handle all tracking and provide a list of students who have properly completed the task on time!
If you are interested in utilizing one of our student professional development opportunities/services, please fill out the Student Employee Professional Development Submission Form to request the activity of your choosing. If you have any problems or questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.