Applications Due: October 31, 2021
AQUILA Commercial is a small, close knit group of fun, hardworking, and enthusiastic people who run Austin’s top local commercial real estate firm. We are seeking a smart, computer savvy, personable intern to join our team. This dynamic position will support AQUILA’s brokerage team by providing market research and analytical insight. Interns will also be involved in marketing efforts and office support projects. This is a hands-on, paid internship.
This internship will help prepare you for a career in real estate by offering: exposure to real estate processes and deal flow; relationship building with some of Austin’s top real estate brokers; the opportunity to sharpen your data analysis skills by working on real life real estate projects; possible training on GIS and mapping technology; experience with time management using diverse media and tools in a professional office environment; networking opportunities with AQUILA Commercial corporate and real estate clients; and interaction with subject matter experts in real estate finance, brokerage, marketing and market research across the retail, office and industrial product types. This is a data-heavy internship.
- Assist with various market research tasks, including data mining and entry, financial analysis and special projects
- Assist AQUILA’s market research team with data procurement, analysis and presentation to stakeholders
- Produce tables and charts to visualize data
- Use mapping software to produce maps for a variety of purposes
- Maintain and update datasets on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Conduct research relative to new business opportunities and aid in the production of presentations and pitch books
- Assist with AQUILA quarterly office and industrial market reports
- Assist with AQUILA’s client relations program, including procuring and delivering client gifts
- Provide support via internet research
- Maintain and update marketing email and mailing lists
- Run errands as requested, such as delivering leases or keys, pick up/drop off supplies for client and company events, visit properties to take photos/check on development status
- Provide support on production tasks as assigned
- Have initiative to know what the next steps should be instead of expecting to be told
- Excellent attention to detail
- Energetic self-starter who is able to work well in a small team and independently
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to create great working relationships
- Reliable transportation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Currently attending a college or university in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree. At this time we do not accept recent graduates or applicants pursuing a graduate degree for this position.
- Interest in commercial real estate
Hands-on Experience with:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Google Docs and Google Maps
This is a plus:
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite software, including Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign
- Experience with mapping software such as ARCgis, QGIS, Maptitude or CartoDB
- Experience with CRM or databases
- Asana, Basecamp, MailChimp, HubSpot
- WordPress experience; HTML/CSS
- Tableau experience
- Photography skills
Term & Work Schedule
Internship Dates: January 18, 2022 – May 20, 2022
Intern’s work schedule may be flexible, but should be consistent. We are requesting a minimum of 15 hours per week. Interns will work in person from the office, although working outside the office may be necessary. Computer and software will be provided.
Successful interns will have the opportunity to apply for an extended internship. Interns not selected should re-apply, if interested.
This is an hourly position and a paid internship.
AQUILA Commercial was named in 2018 by the Austin Business Journal as the #1 Best Place to Work. The AQUILA staff also maintains an active volleyball team and participates regularly in industry networking and fundraising events, which interns are invited to participate in.
We will check all references submitted. Oh and, no calls please. We’re super busy and would love to talk, but let us get back to you.