Austin FC joined Major League Soccer in January 2019 as the league’s 27th member club and will officially begin play in MLS in 2021 in a new, state-of-the-art 20,000-seat soccer stadium and public park scheduled to open during Austin FC’s inaugural season. We are actively seeking a Video Analyst Intern to join our Academy Department.
In this internship, you will gain valuable exposure to filming Academy training sessions and games and play a crucial role in building our video libraries. You will also gain experience in video editing, creating animations, learning the Austin FC style of play, and help coaches use film as a learning tool. This an opportunity to contribute to Austin FC’s Academy video analysis department.
Are You Someone That:
· Is passionate about filming and sports?
· Is interested in game analysis and performance analysis?
· Uses qualitative and quantitative data to inform strategy?
· Wants to learn and develop game video review skills with a team of highly experienced coaches?
· Enjoys working as a positive team player to meet goals?
· Is agile and able to respond effectively to the changing needs of a fast-paced growing organization?
· Assist in filming Academy practices and games; and
· Learn how to break down film clips and edit video; and
· Collaborate with Academy coaches on capturing essential content and formatting video files to allow compatible and clean transfer of information; and
· Participate in strategy discussions to inform effective filming and analysis; and
· Gain exposure to high level youth soccer Academy players and coaches; and
· Participate in 4 training sessions per week (evening sessions); and
· Participate in all home games between January and December (approximately 18).
· Experience filming high level sports
· Experience with video editing or movie making software including Sportscode,Coachpaint, Cyberlink, Vidswap, Hudl, Lightworks, Sports Clip Maker or similar
· Demonstrated interest and familiarity with game analysis and performance analysis
· Demonstrated experience and knowledge of team sports. Soccer experience is preferable
· Ability to read, understand and interpret statistical information
· High ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion
· Experience coaching sports is a plus and experience coaching soccer is preferred
· English and/or Spanish language proficiency is essential and Spanish/English bilingual skills are a plus. Additional languages – even better
· It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for internships because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
· All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to acceptance as an intern
· Candidates must have a reliable source of personal transportation
· Hours include some evenings and weekends. The internship time commitment is generally between 15 – 20 hours per week.
· Please send your resume and a letter about why you want to join the Academy Team to email@example.com. Don’t worry if you don’t hear from us right away – we’re just getting started!