Austin FC joined Major League Soccer in January 2019 as the league’s 27th member club and will officially begin play in MLS in 2021 in a new, state-of-the-art 20,500-seat soccer stadium and public park scheduled to open during Austin FC’s inaugural season. We are actively seeking an intern to join our Community Impact Team in February 2021.
In this internship, you will gain valuable exposure to building a new club’s social responsibility platform by supporting the development, management, and execution of the Club’s community impact strategy. The Community Impact Intern will support both the Club’s Social Responsibility platform as well as support Austin FC’s nonprofit arm, 4ATX Foundation.
This an opportunity to contribute to Austin FC’s Community Impact Team ahead of the inaugural season and is a great way to advance your career.
Are You Someone That:
· Can communicate verbally with a wide range of people?
· Wants to help 4ATX Foundation use the power of soccer to positively impact the Austin community?
· Is interested in working both in the nonprofit world and the corporate social responsibility world?
· Enjoys working as a positive team player and can meet goals?
· Is agile and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously?
· Works well within a collaborative, team-driven and goal-based environment?
· Has a flexible schedule and can work some evening and weekends?
· Work with the Community Impact Department on day-to-day operations; and
· Learn how to manage donor information on 4ATX Foundation’s CRM platform; ensure that donor profiles are regularly updated, and share data reports with the Club database; and
· Be a part of the development and execution of community impact programming events both large and small (some evenings and weekends required); and
· Support the Community Impact Team track and respond to community requests; and
· Help analyze qualitative and quantitative data to help measure the positive impact Austin FC is having on the Austin community; and
· Research opportunities and develop recommendations to present to the Community Impact Team; and
· Be a part of other special projects within the Community Impact Team.
· Strong time management skills
· Familiar with Microsoft Office and possess excellent written and oral communication skills
· Nonprofit and/or grassroots experience preferred
· Proficient computer skills and ability to learn latest programs and systems
· English and/or Spanish language proficiency is essential and Spanish/English bilingual skills are a plus. Additional languages – even better
· It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
· All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to acceptance as an intern.
· Candidates must have a reliable source of personal transportation.
· Hours are flexible and will include evenings and weekends.