Department Description: The Executive Department consists primarily of the Executive Director, Barbara Morgan, the Executive Assistant, and the Bookkeeper. This Executive Department is responsible for a wide variety of roles ranging from accounting and fiscal oversight to administrative duties to overall festival logistics.
Job Description: The Executive Department is looking for flexible, organized, committed team players with a sense of humor to join our department. Applicants should be interested in both administrative and creative functions.
- Coordinate and execute executive department administrative and special projects.
- Project coordination: maintaining deadlines, getting price quotes, creating priorities, assisting in the implementation of daily tasks, assisting with administrative projects.
- Administrative duties: assisting Bookkeeper and Executive Administrator with accounting functions, organizational filing, researching grants and sponsorship opportunities, assisting Executive Administrator during the Festival.
- Ongoing: Researching and creating systems and structures that help support the Executive Director and Executive Assistant.
Project Ownership Opportunities: Executive Department Interns will work with, but not exclusively to, projects such as our ongoing grants research and application processes, our highly important organizational system, budget and account management, and research of and communication with partners such as vendors, venues, or hotels.
Interns will get the opportunity to:
- Learn and develop highly important physical and digital organizational systems for the festival
- Assist to upkeep the storage and filing of the departments and festival’s critical files
- Assist in managing budget and finance information for various accounts and departments
- Experience and assist in communication with significant partners for the festival, such as hotels and venues
- Gain understanding of and exposure to logistical aspects of the festival
- Gain understanding of and exposure to administrative functions of an organization
- Motivated with self-management characteristics
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Good communication skills
- Process-oriented problem solver
- Exposure to events and marketing preferred, but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Administrative experience and/or classes taken preferred
Timeframe: Spring & Summer/Fall (no Summer only internships)