The Development Team of BBBS CTX is seeking two interns who can work a minimum of 12 hours per week. This position will work closely with the Events Specialist and Special Events Director to help plan and coordinate the agency’s upcoming events: Bowl for Kids, Ice Ball Gala, and other 3rd party events and/or programmatic events.
This is an unpaid internship but is an exceptional opportunity to gain development, marketing and event planning experience at a nationally-recognized non-profit. We can work with your institution to give you academic credit for your experience.
The Development Intern’s specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assist in the planning and coordination of the Ice Ball (August 28, 2021).
- Must attend Ice Ball Gala on August 28, 2021.
- Assist with phone calls and mailings to past donors/attendees.
- Work with staff and volunteers to collect/solicit in-kind donations for day-of-event.
- Assist with cold-calling and silent auction donation asks.
- Enter all donations and pledges into development database.
- Assist with day-of-event volunteer recruitment and management.
- Opportunity to attend a Host Committee Meeting.
- Help with the promotion of the event.
- Work with staff and volunteers to help coordinate day-of-event logistics (scheduling, décor, set-up, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited university or college working toward a degree in Social Work, Sociology, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or other related field.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, organize time, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong computer skills (Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Lauren Portley, Vice President of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Temporary / Seasonal
Advertising, Media & PR, Marketing – Brand Management, Marketing – General
Public Relations Specialists
BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS OF CENTRAL TEXAS
Provide children facing adversity with professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.