Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Co-Op candidate to join our Information Technology RDM department located at our Ridgefield CT facility. As a Co-Op, you will work with the IT PharmTox global teams to support the development of workflow automations for digital pathology, data extraction and migration of Oracle APEX application, learn to develop Microsoft Power BI (business intelligence) reports for Nonclinical Drug Safety (NDS). Support the existing application tools developed in Python, understand to assist/support proof of concept (POC) automated testing for Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK)
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Interface with Business areas to gather and understand requirements
· Learn, support the existing applications developed in Python.
· Understand and develop workflow automation for digital pathology in NDS area, develop bots using Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tools.
· Assist in migration of Oracle APEX application to VisionX, learn to develop Microsoft Power BI (Business Intelligence) reporting tool.
· Assist to support proof of concept (POC) for automated testing.
· Collaborate closely with IT and functional business team stakeholder to create small application tool, Bots and support other related project deliverables.
· Learn the concept of following the steps of the system lifecycle, such as system configuration, system migration, testing, as well as learn good documentation processes; while working in a global team setting.
· Documentation work using Atlassian Confluence
· Other investigation and development activities as required
Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.000 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
Major must be related to the field of internship.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Should be well experienced in Python
- Good knowledge of Python modules like – Openpyxl, Tkinter, HashLib, Pandas, PyQt, Kivy etc.
- Good knowledge of Cloud Vision API in Google platform
- Good knowledge of WinForms framework in PowerShell
· Good knowledge of APEX, VisionX,
- Good knowledge of database software like PostgreSQL, MYSQL and MSSQL and experience in writing SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Good knowledge of Robotic process automation tools
- Knowledge in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask or Pyramid)
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming (OOP)
· Good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent multitasking skills, and ability to complete projects with light supervision
- Prefer knowledge of Microsoft Power BI (Business Intelligence) capabilities
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.