Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Co-Op candidate to join the Viral Platforms group in the Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) department located at our Ridgefield, CT facility. The Viral Platforms group conducts investigative studies to characterize pharmacokinetics (PK) and immunogenicity for all viral vector BI pipeline products (including oncolytic viruses, cancer vaccines, and gene therapies) as well as provides bioanalytical assay support throughout the product development lifecycle. As a Co-Op, you will conduct an independent research project and utilize cutting-edge analytical tools to contribute to our understanding of novel virotherapy platforms.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist with analytical assay development, troubleshooting, and sample analysis by RT-qPCR, TCID50, and potentially other techniques to support preclinical PK and biodistribution studies.
· Conduct an independent research project to explore and implement cutting-edge analytical technologies such as Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis (NTA) and cellular imaging systems
· Perform in vitro virus infections and generate and/or conjugate tool viruses.
· Communicate experimental data and project progress to fellow scientists and multidisciplinary project teams in the form of written reports and presentations.
· Comply with applicable regulations, perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, and maintain proper records in accordance with SOPs and corporate policies.
Must be an Undergraduate Student in good academic standing.
Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.000 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
Major must be related to the field of internship.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
· Desirable to have previous experience in a cell/molecular biology or virology lab and hands-on experience with core laboratory techniques, including such assays as: cell culture, RT-qPCR, immunoblotting, plaque assays, flow cytometry, RNA/DNA extraction, ELISA, microscopy, bioconjugations, etc.
· Previous experience in the biopharmaceutical and/or biotech industry is a plus.
· Experience developing bioanalytical assays on any platform such as qPCR, ddPCR, MSD, ELISA, LCMS, flow cytometry, or others is a plus.
· Proficiency with computers and data analysis software is required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
· Knowledge of pharmacological principles, particularly pharmacokinetics, is beneficial.
· Ability and willingness to work effectively in a highly collaborative environment.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth. Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA, Inc., Merial Barceloneta, LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.