The Arts Administration intern will work closely with the Executive Director and other senior staff. Intern will perform general departmental duties, such as preparation of program materials, research, correspondence, filing and scheduling. Candidates must have excellent organizational and basic computer skills, and should be comfortable interacting with the public. Candidates should have administrative experience and have previously worked with youth. Other responsibilities include working closely with community partners to garner and manage in-kind donations for use during the year/season.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate is a dynamic, people-oriented individual with outstanding organizational skills and familiarity with youth arts enrichment programs. Additional required skills: Excellent oral and written communications skills Strong analytical skills, ability to multi-task, and pay attention to detail Ability to conduct internet research Strong organizational and analytical skills Knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Special event planning and managing the event planning team
- Donor correspondence and managing in-kind donations
- Provide organizational, administrative, and on-site support for educational programs, which include out-of-school enrichment programs, and the Academy Youth Pre-Professional Program while providing related support to the Academy and the Academy X*TRA Program Staff
- Assist in the educational planning, evaluation, and ongoing management of other youth arts programing
- General administrative support for the Executive Office
- Research and collection of data related to arts education and after school programming in Austin, TX and surrounding cities
- Photography and videography of youth arts program participants, workshops, projects, and special events as assigned
- Assist teaching artists providing workshops
- Occasional assistance with evening or weekend special events requiring additional staff
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key staff, and leadership from Austin community organizations, schools, non-profits, and other institutions
- Assist in the coordination of events, and production staff on logistical and production elements of all youth related programs
- Conduct research relevant to youth arts enrichment curriculum development, best practices in contemporary youth arts education
- Assist staff with day-to-day operations and education programs
- Represent B*Tru Arts at public programs and events with other staff
- Support social media and marketing
- Support audience engagement and evaluation efforts
- Document programs, events, and artists through various media
- Data entry, proofreading, archiving, etc.
- Daily email/phone correspondence
- Other duties as assigned and special projects