The Intern, Help desk position reports directly to the Manager, Service Delivery. This position will perform professional support work in the Information Technology Department and will work with the Help Desk team in configuring, deploying and retiring desktops/laptops.
• Customer Service
• Delivers, tags, and assists in the configuration of end-user PC desktop hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
• Executes PC retirement process for End-of-Life computer equipment
• Organizes PC Stock room
• Identifies, diagnoses and resolves Level I problems for users of personal computer software and hardware, agency network, the internet and new computer technology in a call center environment and communicates solutions to end users
• Support Capital Metro’s safety culture by following safety and security policies, considering safety in every action and reporting safety and security concerns.
• Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be currently enrolled in a degree program at a college or university
• Enrollment in an information technology degree program is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows architecture, of customer service and working team concepts.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Desktop operating systems, various software applications and basic hardware for the PC; principles and theories of network systems and management; Internet technologies and products.
• Good oral and written communication skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to coordinate several diverse job requirements and projects.
• Ability to lift and carry 70 lbs. with assistance
CAPITAL METRO IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.