SEU Work-Study: CIS Basic Needs Work Study
Department: Program Supports
Positions Available: 1 for full academic year
Pay Range: $9.75-$10.75, commensurate with experience
Would you like to join a team helping local youth and families bridge basic needs?
Love the idea of helping students thrive in school?
Communities In Schools of Central Texas works in 99 local elementary, middle and high schools as an affiliate of the nation’s largest and most effective dropout prevention organization. For 40 years, Communities In Schools has been helping students achieve in school, graduate and go on to bright futures. The founding principle of CIS is to establish one-on-one relationships with individual students in order to support them beyond obstacles to succeed in school.
It’s very difficult for students to focus on learning in school when their family struggles to meet basic needs. To address this challenge, CIS of Central Texas launched a Basic Needs Department last year that provided financial assistance, school supplies, diapers, coats, hygiene products and much more to 1,000’s of Central Texas youth and families!
If the following sounds appealing, we would love to connect with you!
- Prep financial assistance materials to go out to families
- Help sort in-kind supplies such as diapers, hygiene items like shampoo and conditioner, and school supplies
- Help coordinate our large annual Coats for Kids warm clothes and blanket distribution
- Help with research and creating resource sheets, as needs arise
- More! Depending on your interests and our program needs
- High attention to detail and reliable worker
- Commitment to mission and purpose
- Ability to work independently; motivated
- Able to work from CIS’ Central Office (at Oltorf & I-35) – we follow strict COVID safety protocol.
We can be flexible, 8 -14 regular hours per week.