SEU Work-Study: CIS Community Outreach Work Study
Department: Program Supports
Positions Available: 1 for full academic year
Pay Range: $9.75-$10.75, commensurate with experience
The mission of Communities In Schools is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. In order to accomplish this mission, CIS collaborates with hundreds of community volunteers and interns! These interns and volunteers work directly with students as mentors, tutors, reading buddies, pen pals and much more! If you are interested in joining a small, dynamic department that brings caring adults into public schools to support students’ success, this will be a great role for you!
If the following sounds appealing, we’d love to connect with you and share more about this role!
- Onboarding support
- Help to inventory and organize volunteer materials
- Volunteer appreciation
- Help with activities that let our volunteers know that we appreciate them!
- Administrative support
- Assist the department with administrative duties, as needed
- More! Depending on your interests and our program needs
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to mission and purpose
- Ability to work independently; motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Dependable and punctual team player
Skills Gained Include:
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at the daily operations of a large nonprofit serving youth!
- Learn about running a large volunteer operation
- Gain professional / office skills
- Increase written and oral communication skills
Can be flexible, 5-12 hours per week