SEU Work-Study: CIS Partnerships & Program Supports Work Study
Department: Program Supports
Positions Available: 1 for full academic year
Pay Range: $9.75-$10.75, commensurate with experience
The mission of Communities In Schools is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. In order to accomplish this mission, CIS collaborates with over 60 community partners in four Central Texas counties! These partnerships are mostly with other nonprofit organizations, and bring in a wide variety of services, resources and supports for our students, their families and our campuses! If you are interested in supporting a dynamic department that brings community resources into public schools, this will be a great role for you! Learn more about the wealth of nonprofit service providers in our community, and how to align resources so that they are more accessible to youth.
- Partner appreciation
- Assist with partner appreciation activities
- Administrative support
- Help to inventory and organize online resources, update documents and other tasks
- Basic Needs support
- Help the Basic Needs Department fulfill requests for financial assistance, vision vouchers, bus passes, etc.
- Campus needs analysis
- Review campus needs assessments and share important trends among grade levels and regions
- Student summer enrichment planning
- Check in with our group of free and low-cost summer camp partners
- Organize partner summer workshops or field days
- More! Depending on your interests and our program needs
- High attention to detail
- Commitment to mission and purpose
- Ability to work independently; motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Dependable and punctual team player
Skills Gained Include:
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at the daily operations of a large nonprofit serving youth!
- Learn how to develop & support organizational partnerships
- Make connections with local nonprofit service providers
- Gain opportunities to learn about and support other departments at CIS, such as Basic Needs, The Pebble Project & Volunteers
- Increase written and oral communication skills
- Increase data analysis skills
Can be flexible, 5-10 hours per week.