At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally.
Our products are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
Crestron Electronics continues to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Co-Op Student (January 2022 through August 2022) to join our Software Tools team. This role is designated as 100% remote.
In this role, the co-op student will focus on front-end development. The primary function of this role will be to develop a UI that closely matches the mockups provided by the Architects. Attention to detail is an important requirement.
- Work closely with team to design and implement frontend for interactive web application
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Write automated tests and user interface tests to support automated application testing
- Identifying problems uncovered by testing, and correcting them
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Write technical documentation
- Must be enrolled in a college or university working toward a bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week during the entire co-op period beginning January 2022 and ending August 2022
- Must have permanent work authorization in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future
- Experience with the following:
- HTML & CSS (1 year required)
- Node.js (1 year required)
- Understanding of Software Engineering designs and principles
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Quick learner, methodical and detail-oriented with desire to seek perfection
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently as well as within a team
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Strong communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written, and listening) with the ability to articulate work at different levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Inquisitive individual with a desire to learn, possessing a long term desire to work in the Technology space
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Positive, personable, and able to work cohesively with other across various divisions