Project Delivery Analyst – Government and Public Services
Are you a passionate pioneer in technology, a solutions builder, a roll-up your sleeves technologist who wants to work in a collaborative environment? Deloitte Consulting LLP is looking for candidates with exceptional problem-solving skills to join us in Austin, TX.
Deloitte’s Government & Public Sector (GPS) practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the GPS practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. As a member of our consulting team, you will help clients adapt to challenges and take advantage of opportunities.
Work you’ll do
As a Project Delivery Analyst, you will be an integral member of a service delivery team, collaborating with diverse and talented team members to help solve problems, improve performance, and generate value for our clients. Opportunities in the following disciplines are available:
· Software Development
· Platform Engineering
· Middleware Administration (Oracle WebLogic Server, JBoss)
· Linux Administration
· Storage Configuration
· Network Engineering
· Database Administration (Oracle)
· Cloud Engineering (AWS, Azure)
· Application Support Integration
· IT Operations
· System Security
· Information Security
· IT Service Management
· Release Management
· Configuration Management
· Asset Management
· Incident and Problem Management
· Content Management (Drupal)
* As part of the application process, you will provide preferences here for your top choices. Expertise in all knowledge areas is NOT required for the position.
· Enable and accelerate the continuous deployment of cloud solutions on AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
· Research, design, and prototype solutions that deliver resilient, predictable, scalable, consumable, and secure cloud platform capabilities.
· Develop a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on the various cloud platforms and understand how to use them together to build complex solutions.
· Learn and implement modern cloud delivery techniques such as cloud formation scripts.
· Act as a technical liaison between customers, delivery teams and support.
· Develop solutions following established technical design, application development standards and quality processes in projects
· Assess the impacts on technical design because of the changes in functional requirements.
· Perform independent code reviews and execute unit tests on modules you develop.
· Write well-designed, efficient, and testable code.
· Interact with other stakeholders not limited to end-user clients, Project Manager/Scrum master, Business Analysts, testing and other cross-functional teams.
· Conduct prototyping, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), testing, training, development in APEX.
· Build integrations, conduct data migration, and execute deployments.
· Implement solutions using Visualforce and lightning Aura.
· Elicit, analyze, document, help prioritize, and manage requirements from multiple stakeholders.
· Participate in / facilitate discussions to discover solutions, as well as capturing and transforming business and technology requirements into high-quality User Stories and Acceptance criteria.
· Participate in and facilitate Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective ceremonies.
· Conduct functional application testing.
Our Consulting team plays a major role in directly embedding technology insights into our clients’ organizational goals. At Deloitte, our technology consultants create sharply-focused solutions within an organization’s operating model, accounting for its people, intellectual capital, technology, and processes. Engagement teams at Deloitte drive value for our clients but also understand the importance of developing resources and contributing to the communities in which we work. We make it our business to take issue to impact, both within and beyond a client setting.
· Bachelor’s degree completed by June 2021 in these or related areas of study:
o Computer Science & Information Technology: Software Engineering, Network Security, Data Science, Programming, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, IT Security, IT Operations/Administration
o Business Administration: Analytics, Business, Economics, Finance, Information Systems, Marketing, Operations
o Engineering: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Management, Industrial Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering
· Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.0)
· Willingness to be based in Austin, TX
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future and ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
· Previous field support and/or training experience
· Experience designing and developing applications or reports
· Exposure to business processes and how applications support business functions
How you’ll grow
As we continue to grow, so has the need for application development and management professionals that we will develop and train to allow us to continue to provide the support for our clients’ systems and business processes. When you start, you will go through orientation and will get professional training to launch your consulting career. If that’s not enough, we’ll also give you mentoring and counseling programs as well as professional and technology training, with many courses available online.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your potential interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
· The start dates for this position will be in 2021. Openings for this position are in Austin, TX.
To submit an application for this position, you will need to:
1. Apply via your campus career center.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about
for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available