HOW YOU’LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
Delta Air Lines’ Corporate Planning Division (Formerly OAP – Operations Analysis & Performance) is seeking qualified co-op students, available for a minimum of 3 alternating work terms.
Corporate Planning co-ops will work with analytics professionals supporting one of the functions or departments that supports using data to solve operational business challenges.
Example teams include:
Schedule Coordination Center (SCC) – Evaluating the aircraft schedule to analyze trade-offs of commercial and operational challenges
Operations Decision Science (ODS) – Focus around advanced analytics, machine-learning, and other advanced tools to simulate operational events and optimize our decision making
Corporate Safety, Security & Compliance (CSSC OAP) – Support the safe and secure operation of the airline
Crew Analytics (Crew OAP) – Pilot and Flight Attendant operations and performance efficiency
Delta Connection (DC) – Support end to end analytics and cross-divisional operational initiatives and improvements for the operation of Delta’s regional airlines
Flight Operations Analytics (FOP OAP) – Aircraft and gate to gate operations and performance
In Flight Services Analytics (IFS OAP) – Customer onboard experience and catering operations and performance
Operations & Customer Center Analytics (OCC OAP)– Use data to better understand and improve On-time flight metrics, irregular operations (i.e. weather events), etc.
Technical Operations Analytics (TOP OAP) – Using data to make better decisions in our maintenance operations
Resource Planning (RP) – Optimizing our staffing and other resources across our front lines to ensure successful operations
Airport Customer Service Analysis (ACS OAP) – Analysis focused on airport operations
Operations Solutions – Strategic projects that cross multiple business units to better understand how decisions in one division impact others
Though individual responsibilities will vary by function, some examples are given below:
1) Measure current operational performance and/or customer satisfaction
2) Identify optimization opportunities to reduce injuries and security line wait times
3) Research, analyze and interpret operational data
4) Develop new reports and dashboards and automate existing ones
5) Perform reliability/root-cause analysis for parts and maintenance
6) Evaluate and provide recommendations for improvement of key operational metrics including aircraft time at gate, gating efficiency, and feasibility of aircraft schedules
7) Seek operational improvements to reduce aircraft taxi time and flight time
8) Maintain, run and improve staffing models to support airport operations
9) Provide strategic and operational support and develop performance metrics and goals
10) Develop success factors and statistical evaluations of new procedures and systems
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Undergraduate students in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Information Systems, Statistics or similar in a 4-year degree program
- Must be available for three alternating semesters
- Candidate is team oriented and highly supportive of continuous improvement methodologies
- Strong organizational, project management, and verbal/written communication skills are essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and data analysis
- Willingness/ability to learn new skills is required
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
· Successful candidates will have familiarity and/or experience with some of the following: SQL, SAS, Python, R, Tableau, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Must be comfortable working in group and individual settings.
· Track record of seeking leadership roles including student and community organizations