Porex Corporation, a global leader in advanced porous solutions and a member company of the Filtration Group, opened its doors 58 years ago in a small building on Bay Street in Fairburn, Georgia. Today, Porex employs over 700 people around the world and partners with over 1,500 customers in 65 countries to deliver engineering and design innovations that turn their product ideas into reality.
By collaborating with our customers, Porex engineers high-value solutions for our customers’ product design challenges in absorption, application, diffusion, filtration, venting, and wicking. These advanced porous solutions can be applied in a wide variety of industries – from medical devices to writing instruments – to bring our customers’ product ideas to life.
MAKING THE WORLD SAFER, HEALTHIER AND MORE PRODUCTIVE
In 2013, Porex became a member company of the Filtration Group. Filtration Group is on a mission to make the world safer, healthier and more productive. With a passionate workforce, global footprint and world class engineering and manufacturing capabilities, Filtration Group is driving innovation and developing solutions across a broad spectrum of applications in the fast-growing global filtration industry.
Filtration Group began in 2009 and has rapidly grown to be a global leader in the highly attractive filtration industry. With revenues of $1.6 billion, Filtration Group is consistently recognized as the fastest growing and one of the largest filtration businesses in the world. With over 7,000 employees, the Company serves its customers from a global footprint of 105 facilities in over 25 countries. Filtration Group operates across a wide variety of attractive end markets and produces mission critical products with high replacement rates.
Filtration Group is an affiliate of Madison Industries, one of the largest and most successful privately held companies in the world. Madison builds entrepreneurially driven, branded market leaders that are committed to making the world safer, healthier and more productive by creating innovative solutions that deliver outstanding customer value. The team at Madison is committed to building something truly remarkable that long outlasts them while coaching others to reach their highest potential. For more information about Madison, please visit WWW.MADISON.NET.
Porex continues to excel as a global leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced porous solutions. Porex’s unmatched technology expertise, commitment to stringent regulatory and quality standards and dedication to customer service continue to distinguish our products in the global marketplace. In 2019, Porex was recognized as an Edison Award winner for our revolutionary POREX® FORTRESS™ liquid barrier pipette tip filter, an innovative technology that protects the purity of samples and ensures reliable test results for clinical laboratory professionals. Our commitment to engineering solutions for the next generation continues to propel us forward.
From facilities around the world, Porex implements groundbreaking technologies and a depth of expertise to engineer the porous plastic solutions that help bring your next product to life – and create a safer, healthier and more productive world.
Job functions include, but are not limited to:
• Hands-on work in the prototype area and the testing lab.
• Use Solidworks design software to design fixtures, parts and tooling. Training in this software is available.
• Consulting with engineers regarding intended use and functional/ form properties of products being developed in order to understand physical, chemical, and functional characteristics that must be tested.
• With the help of an Engineer, develop a complete testing plan. Design of experiments (DOE) will be utilized in order to acquire desired information or feedback.
• Testing physical and/or chemical properties of components, prototype products, materials, etc., utilizing test equipment according to instructions and testing objectives.
• Calculating descriptive and analytical statistics, compiling summary of testing results, and utilizing analytical skills based on test data. Helping to prepare reports, presentations, and customer technical documentation.
• Documenting test results using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software as appropriate. Exercising some judgment in determining the sequence and/or format of report.
Preferred fields of study: Undergraduate program specializing in Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering