SEU Work-Study: Foundation Communities Intern
Positions Available: 1 for spring semester
Pay Range: $9.75-$10.75, commensurate with experience
Foundation Communities is searching for interns to assist various departments with meeting their goals and objectives. In exchange, we will provide a mission-driven learning environment where you can gain experience and build their resume. This is a great opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a national award-winning, local nonprofit. Interns will serve 10-20 hours per week on either a semester or academic year basis, as determined by the department work plan. Candidates must be eligible for work-study through St. Edward’s University.
Foundation Communities is a local nonprofit that provides affordable, attractive homes and free on-site support services for thousands of families with kids, as well as veterans, seniors, and individuals with disabilities. We offer an innovative, proven model that empowers our residents and neighbors to achieve educational success, financial stability, and healthier lifestyles. We own and operate 24 communities all over Austin and in North Texas. foundcom.org
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounts payable vendor invoice processing and vendor research
- Assistance with compiling construction invoice pay application documentation
- Assist with weekly check processing
- General knowledge of basic accounting concepts – debits and credits
- Mathematical aptitude
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and vendors
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and comfort with a variety of databases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Available at least 15 hours per week between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. weekdays.
- Position is contingent on St. Edward’s University Work-Study eligibility.
- Occasional lifting of boxes containing account records, filing, mailing, etc.
- Opportunity to learn basic accounting functions necessary for completion of monthly financial reports for complex non-profit organization
- 15-20 hours per week is expected
Skills you will gain:
- Learn basic financial accounting functions – including accounts payable, receivable and general ledger accounting
- Foundation Communities is located at 3000 S. IH-35 at St. Edward’s drive and is walkable from campus.
- Work-study interns will take part in a cohort experience, engaging in monthly professional development activities as a group.
- In response to COVID-19, work may be completed remotely as needed and with supervisor approval.