SEU Work-Study: Foundation Communities Intern
Positions Available: 1 for fall semester
(position will be posted again for spring semester)
Pay Range: $9.75-$10.75, commensurate with experience
Foundation Communities is searching for interns to assist various departments with meeting their goals and objectives. In exchange, we will provide a mission-driven learning environment where you can gain experience and build your resume. This is a great opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a national award-winning, local nonprofit. Interns will serve 10-15 hours per week on either a semester or academic year basis, at determined by the department work plan. Candidates must be eligible for work-study through St. Edward’s University.
Foundation Communities is a local nonprofit that provides affordable, attractive homes and free on-site support services for thousands of families with kids, as well as veterans, seniors, and individuals with disabilities. We offer an innovative, proven model that empowers our residents and neighbors to achieve educational success, financial stability, and healthier lifestyles. We own and operate 25 communities all over Austin and in North Texas. foundcom.org
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounts payable vendor invoice processing and vendor research
- Assistance with compiling construction invoice pay application documentation
- Assist with weekly check processing
- General knowledge of basic accounting concepts – debits and credits
- Mathematical aptitude
- Ability to converse with staff and vendors
- Position is contingent on St. Edward’s University Work-Study eligibility.
- Occasional lifting of boxes containing account records, filing, mailing, etc.
- Opportunity to learn basic accounting functions necessary for completion of monthly financial reports for complex non-profit organization
Skills you will gain:
- Learn basic financial accounting functions – including accounts payable, receivable and general ledger accounting
- Foundation Communities is located at 3000 S. IH-35 at St. Edward’s drive and is walkable from campus.
- While students should expect to work in person for the 2021-2022 academic year, in response to the ongoing pandemic and potential changes in risk and safety measures over the next year, remote work may be considered taking into account St. Edward’s University Employee policy, Foundation Communities COVID Response Plan, and supervisor approval.
- Work-study interns will take part in a cohort experience, including onboarding with other Foundation Community interns at the start of the term and engaging in monthly professional development activities.
- Interns will also take part in semester check-ins and end of job student evaluations with the Career and Professional Development office at St. Edward’s.