Selected intern will learn the ins and outs of running a venue and assist the owner and/or staff with events. Interns will be taught what goes into opening a small business, as well as the daily operations – from conducting tours in order to get bookings all the way to completion of a successful event. They’ll interact with clients and vendors, allowing them to improve both communication and organizational skills.
· Assist with event set-up and teardown (weddings, meetings, banquets, etc.)
· Shadowing and assisting with client tours
· Assistance with management of social media accounts, as needed
· Act as Parking Attendant and provide client transportation (in our Polaris) for events
· Attend local Chamber socials/meetings, if available
· Suggest ways to improve upon day-to-day business, marketing, etc.
· Good people skills (able to communicate with ease and effectively)
· Ability to follow instructions, as well as work independently
· Interest in working in the wedding/event industry
· Dependable and willing to work weekends
· Ability to create posts for Facebook and Instagram
· Reliable transportation
Interns will work on average 15-20 hours per week, including weekends. We will be as flexible as possible with your class schedule. This position is unpaid, but you may earn course credit if approved by your school, as well as gain hands-on experience in the event industry. To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Amy Stanfield (Owner/COO) at firstname.lastname@example.org.