• Hays County Records Management Internship Application
• Cover Letter
Find Hays County Employment Applications at:
• Request PDF forms from firstname.lastname@example.org via email
You may submit your application documents in any of the following ways:
• Hand-deliver to 712 South Stagecoach Trail, Suite 1063, San Marcos, TX 78666
• Fax: 512-393-2227
• Email: email@example.com
Education and/or Experience
• College coursework, particularly in a related field.
• Experience in secretarial, office/clerical or records management-related work preferred.
• Experience with personal computers preferred.
Other Qualifications, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• None required.
• The intern will assist the Law Librarian in maintaining both print and online legal resources. The intern will assist with receiving and filing updates to library publications such as case reporters, statutory services, treatises, secondary and other resources.
• The intern will assist with delivering print publications to Judicial offices.
• The intern will assist with research support activities include handling questions from the judges, court staff, attorneys, and public.
• The intern will gain knowledge and assist the Law Librarian in locating research and self-help materials for patrons.
• The work involves filing, daily customer relations, and computer applications.
• The intern will assist with an appointment system. This includes ensuring all appointments are scheduled properly and having the area sanitized and prepared for the research needs of the patron. After the appointment, ensuring all areas are properly sanitized and preparing for the next appointment.
• Assist with the digitization and filing of records for various offices, including the County Clerk, Criminal District Attorney and Transportation Departments.
• Conducts research on the retention of records for the Criminal District Attorney.
• Enters, indexes, and scans records into computer system.
• Files and archives paper and electronic records.
• Re-shelves files and organizes file room space.
• Assists during office or countywide shred days.
• Recycles and shreds materials.
• Documents and files materials received.
• Receives office visitors and telephone calls while answering routine inquiries.
• Sorts and files forms, reports, correspondence, and related materials.
• Operates office machines including computer, printer, photocopier and scanning equipment to enter and retrieve information.
• Assures the services delivered meet quality and timeliness standards.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The Law Library and Records Management Intern shall assist the Law Librarian and Records Management Officer. For the Law Library, the intern will assist with preparing research materials, forms and handling appointments. For Records Management, the intern will assist with various archiving projects that include converting paper to electronic records and filing of records.
Hays County is an EEO employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Hays County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of background checks, including reference checks, criminal history, and driver’s license checks and driving history.
Temporary / Seasonal
Administration, Education / Teaching / Training, Library Science
Document Management Specialists, Librarians and Media Collections Specialists