2021 EPM Platform Full Stack Developer Co-op
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Enterprise Performance Management Co-op you will work with a well-rounded team of fellow co-ops to own a project throughout the internship. You will be paired with experienced architects and developers for guidance daily to guide you in the architecture and production ready code practices.
- Work with stakeholders and others in a multidisciplinary team to define requirements and develop the end to end solution
- Be responsible for the full DevOps implementation of Production ready code from inception through delivery and production readiness.
- Practice the Agile methodology of software delivery, where your team will completely rely on all team members. Therefore, every team member will be performing all tasks in the day in the life of software delivery. This includes daily stand-ups, iteration planning, and retrospectives.
The Co-op openings are for 6 months employment ( Start/End date estimates Jan- Jun 2021 or June-Dec 2021).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Currently pursuing a college degree in Computer Science or in another closely related degree program.
- Knowledge and/or experience in software development.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Full-stack development experience (using frameworks such as React, AngularJS and NodeJS).
- Experience with Cloud base architecture (for example: IBM Cloud or AWS development).
- Experience with DevOps.
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies.
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.