The Mechanical Engineer Co‐Op position is responsible for assisting the new product development team by providing feedback and project support to meet deadlines. This position may assist with 3D printing, work with the quality team to test products in the test lab, create basic level modeling, and design prototypes. In addition, this position may recommend improvements in the manufacturing process by working with the manufacturing management team. This position will gain valuable engineering experience within a team environment that students can apply in their coursework.
1. Create 3D and post process prints for the new product development team to review.
2. Work with the engineering team to identify and submit products to the test lab.
3. Create or modify basic models or prints.
4. Design and build prototypes and test fixtures to make recommendations for improvement.
5. Work in the Engineering test lab to test products and report results.
6. Analyze and make recommendations based on engineering test lab results.
7. Partner with the manufacturing team to make recommendations to improve the manufacturing process.
8. Perform other duties as assigned within then nature and level of work.
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Qualified candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program to be considered. Must be willing and able to travel at least three ﴾3﴿ days per month.
Basic knowledge of computers and the Microsoft Office Suite ﴾i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc﴿. Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment and communicate with all levels of the organization. Ability to handle confidential information. Ability to prioritize projects and tasks in a fast‐paced environment. Must have excellent follow‐up skills. Must be organized and detail‐oriented in order to be successful.
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.