6 month internship program; July – December 2021
This position is responsible for engineering support of the entire Streetsboro Distribution operations group; dedicated to the physical flow of product, logistic services, continuous improvement, and information dissemination. The position assists local and senior facility leadership in productivity goals through innovation, technology, equipment, process, and layout.
- Facilitate the efficient and effective use of Visually Guided Vehicles (VGVs) throughout facility.
- Programming, Route development, volume analysis, maintenance
- Support and continued development of facility labor management system (LMS)
- Complete and administer facility capital purchases ($300K-600K+) as it pertains to new technology, innovation, and current facility requirements.
- Return On Investment (ROI), Requests For Proposal (RFP), Proof Of Concepts (POC)
- Operational expenditure management of Material Handling Equipment (MHE) fleet 70+ units
- Facilitate equipment and design safety protocols: Management Of Change (MOC), equipment validations, Safety Hazard Assessment Protocol (SHAPs)
- Facility process and layout analysis as it pertains to product insourcing, outsourcing, seasonal and cyclical shifts (Ecomm)
- Project management across different functional groups: Operations, Safety, Customer Service, Material Supply Logistics.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.