About Miracle Foundation
Our vision: Empowering orphans and vulnerable children to reach their full potential
Our mission: A family for every child in our lifetime.
Our work: For the past 20 years, Miracle Foundation has improved the lives of more than 15,000 children and impacted nearly 300 orphanages. Today, we are an industry leader in family-based care, helping to reunite orphaned children with families, and working at the local level to keep children from entering the system.
We utilize the power of data to create real, sustainable change. Our proven Thrive Scale™ methodology is based on the UN Rights of the Child and allows us to systematically measure and improve all aspects of a child’s well-being, both in an orphanage setting and as they transition to a family.
In addition, our leading-edge FosterShare™ app offers a revolutionary and welcome change to the US foster care system, helping children avoid the painful process of being moved from home to home.
About this Position
The FosterShare™ Intern works with the FosterShare™ Project Manager and Program Team to assist with research, gather App Pilot program feedback, provide support at the upcoming TACFS conference, assist with data management, and more. The intern will have the opportunity to attend team meetings and learn from seasoned staff.
Miracle Foundation offers both formal (for class credit) and informal internships. Interns are required to donate 5-10 hours per week of their time; work is currently conducted remotely with plans to return to the office Mondays/Thursdays when Austin reduces the local Covid threat risk level.
Miracle interns must exemplify the following:
- Global perspective, belief in our mission, and a passion for making a difference
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of computer proficiency, including Google Docs, Sheets, and Gmail
- Organized and detail-oriented, with effective time-management skills
- Strong work ethic, the ability to follow through, and a willingness to do what needs to be done, no matter how large or small
- Dependable, self-motivated, and conscientious
- Outgoing and enthusiastic, with a positive attitude
- Professional, prompt, and dresses appropriately
- Must be older than 18 or in college.