The primary focus of this position is to engineer and implement control systems for all Heavy Duty Equipment (HDE) products.
· Design and validate control systems for Modine Vehicular Thermal Solutions products.
· Participate in design meetings and communicate with supervisor, section manager, program manager, other product engineers (heating and cooling) and manufacturing engineers regarding product design and other issues.
· Participates in all phases of the project, from concept to production, following and utilizing APQP.
· Travel to customers for field troubleshooting and modification of existing product. Travel to Modine production facilities and suppliers to assist with product launch.
· Complete projects within allocated budget.
· Assist Modine Application Engineers with product design and sample builds. Sample build support activities include building wire harnesses, validating product functionality, and tracking stock of electrical components and tools.
· Develop and maintain tools used by Modine engineers and technicians. This includes field services tools used by Application Engineering and Sales along with tools used by plant and Warranty technicians.
· Manage suppliers of electromechanical components (controllers, wire harnesses, fans, etc.). This includes validating new parts supplied to Modine.
· Develop and maintain internal design and engineering specifications for electromechanical components.
· Develop and maintain user interface software for Modine products.
· Perform on-site customer troubleshooting and commissioning activities as needed.
· Currently studying BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field.
· Must be results-oriented with excellent analytical, planning, organization and execution skills.
· Good skills in the following competencies: Creativity, Planning & Organizing, Team Player, Judgment/Decision-Making, Critical Thinking, Communication and Follow-Up.
· Must be able to demonstrate some level of programming proficiency. Experience in Python, C, and Assembly languages is preferred.
Limited – based on need.