We are currently recruiting candidates to fill several Engineering Co-op positions at our global headquarters location in Racine, Wisconsin. These opportunities will be full-time, temporary positions occurring during spring, summer, or fall semesters. The assignment lasts for one full semester, with the possibility to extend through summer or return for an additional semester.
Complete projects and tasks related to various engineering activities such as:
• Product testing / theory verification by experimentation.
• Specification creation / modification.
• Test fixture design and modeling.
• Product failure analysis and root cause determination.
• Support application engineers with customer-specific issues.
• Conduct engineering calculations.
• Prepare engineering models and drawings using ProE, SolidEdge, UG, or Catia
• Competitor product benchmarking.
• Enhance engineering tools and processes to make the engineering functions more efficient.
• Gain practical engineering experience by working with others in problem solving activities.
• Become familiar with the products and processes used within the department and / or company.
• Sophomore standing in an engineering degree program.
• Possess strong engineering skills.
• Basic solid modeling and drawing skill-set (using ProE, SolidEdge, UG, or Catia CAD software).
• Ideal candidate is self-motivated and eager to learn.
•Good decision making skills.
• Mechanically inclined.
• Dedicated to quality and safety.
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Available for limited travel with over-night stays