Position Description: We are currently recruiting to fill a Manufacturing Engineering Co-op / Intern position at our global headquarters location in Racine, Wisconsin. This position is responsible for supporting the industrialization of Modine designed and developed products. This opportunity will be a full-time or part-time, temporary position. The assignment lasts for one full semester, with the possibility to extend through summer or return for an additional semester.
Complete projects and tasks related to various engineering activities such as:
- Support manufacturing engineers with:
- Product Launch
- Tooling and equipment acquisition
- Development and adherence to timeline
- APQP process documentation
- Process Development
- Specification creation / modification
- Conduct engineering calculations
- Enhance engineering tools and processes to make the engineering functions more efficient.
- Gain practical engineering experience by working with others in problem solving activities.
- Become familiar with the products and processes used within the department and / or company.
- Position Qualifications: Sophomore standing in engineering degree program,
- Possess strong engineering skills
- Basic solid modeling and drawing skill-set (using ProE, SolidEdge, UG, or Catia CAD software).
- Ideal candidate is self-motivated and eager to learn
- Good decision making skills,
- Mechanically inclined
- Dedicated to quality and safety
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Available for limited travel with over-night stays
Modine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Welcomes all Qualified Applicants!
Modine provides a competitive benefit package, which could include paid vacation, short term disability, 401(k), health, dental, vision, life insurance, flex spending benefits, tuition reimbursement, Health Savings Account and much more. Human Resources will provide more detail upon your hiring.