We are currently recruiting candidates to fill several Engineering Co-op positions at our global headquarters location in Racine, Wisconsin. These opportunities will be full-time, temporary positions occurring during spring, summer, or fall semesters. The assignment lasts for one full semester, with the possibility to extend through summer or return for an additional semester.
Complete projects and tasks related to Product Development activities such as:
• Product design, testing, and validation by experimentation.
• Engineering and design specification creation and revision.
• Test fixture design, modeling, and procurement.
• Product failure analysis and root cause determination.
• Support cross functional teams, including: Application Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Sample Shop, and Tech Center
• Conduct engineering calculations.
• Prepare engineering models and drawings using CAD.
• Predict heat exchanger performance using CAE.
• Benchmarking/cataloging of competitor product.
• Enhance engineering tools and processes, in support of continuous improvement activities.
• Problem solve through collaborative engineering exercises.
• Develop knowledge and expertise with Modine’s products.
• Document and present findings/results through spreadsheets, reports, and slideshows.
• Sophomore standing in an engineering degree program.
• Possess strong engineering skills.
• Basic solid modeling and drawing skill-set (using ProE, SolidEdge, UG, or Catia CAD software).
• Ideal candidate is self-motivated and eager to learn.
• Good decision making skills.
• Mechanically inclined.
• Dedicated to quality and safety.
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Available for limited travel with over-night stays.
Modine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Welcomes all Qualified Applicants!
Modine provides a competitive benefit package, which could include paid vacation, short term disability, 401(k), health, dental, vision, life insurance, flex spending benefits, tuition reimbursement, Health Savings Account and much more. Human Resources will provide more detail upon your hiring.