- Research and write news briefs and policy briefs
- Develop and implement advocacy plans as they relate to government agencies, Congress, and the private sector
- Attend conferences, congressional hearings and meetings, academic lectures, etc.
- Organize and implement community engagement project
- Support staff in other policy and advocacy projects as they arise
- Strong research and writing skills, particularly on policy and legislative issues
- Familiarity with federal policymaking and legislative processes
- Interest in public affairs advocacy as it relates to American Muslims and social justice
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
MUSLIM PUBLIC AFFAIRS COUNCIL
Founded in 1988, the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC) is an American institution that improves public understanding of Islam and shapes policies that impact American Muslims by engaging our government, media and communities. Our policy work focuses on reforming national security; upholding religious freedom and civil liberties; and creating an American Muslim voice for human rights. We improve public understanding by engaging media producers from film, television, news and popular culture to provide authentic and humanizing portrayals of Islam and Muslims. Our community organizing work empowers the American Muslim community to get involved in policy and understanding.