AmeriCorps members serve full-time in K-12 schools throughout Washington & Yamhill Counties in Oregon. While activities vary from school to school, all placements include:
- Tutoring and mentoring for low-achieving and at-risk students in math and/or reading
- Developing, implementing and/or leading before and after school day activities (recreation, academic enrichment, and tutorial activities)
- Volunteer Management including recruiting and coordinating volunteers
- Specialized Projects can include parent engagement, equity work, or other
school based initiatives.
- Participating in monthly team-based service projects in Washington County