- Receive and respond to assigned tasks, incoming calls, and/or e-mails regarding desktop and user problems.
- Support production personnel using computer based applications on the assembly floor.
- Immediately respond to any IS or manufacturing system related issues that cause downtime.
- Communicate and follow instructions from a higher level technician onsite.
- Recognize and escalate more difficult problems as required.
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study
- 3.0+ GPA preferred
- Strong organizational skills to handle numerous details, deadlines, and requests.
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively and independently in a fast paced, multitasking environment.
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize tasks for efficiency and completeness.
- Effective communicator, verbal and written.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of plant and corporate personnel and with customers and vendors.
- Ability to lift and move 50lbs of equipment when needed.
Actively seeking applicants at University of LA at Lafayette, Louisiana Tech, McNeese State University, University of Maine, Auburn University, Lamar University, The University of Texas at Tyler, and Louisiana State University.
PCA provides a competitive comprehensive benefits package.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.