About Phoenix Tailings
Each year the mining industry discards over 200 billion tons of waste (tailings) and produces more than 7% of the world’s carbon emissions. Phoenix Tailings is on a mission to be the world’s first clean mining and metals production company. By eliminating this harmful waste from the environment, we can sustainably create valuable new materials.
We started with the humble beginnings of a few friends in a backyard, thinking of how they can fix this broken system of metals production. Now, Phoenix Tailings has become one of the top sustainability startups in the world. A Techstars Boston 2020 company with funding from the US Department of Energy and National Science Foundation, Phoenix has demonstrated early success in our clean mining mission.
We still have a long way to go to achieve this mission. However, it’s our belief that together, the right people can overcome any obstacle and change the world.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who has the desire to better the world, to resolve environmental problems with a global impact, and you are excited about solving the problems and challenges that come with building a startup, this is the place for you.
- You are only crazy if you are wrong
- It’s ok to be wrong
- Lead with Compassion
- Be Resourceful
What we do:
At Phoenix, we build novel chemical processing techniques and technologies that are on the forefront of extracting critical materials that were previously trapped in tailings, solving the waste remediation process of the mining industry, and revolutionizing the mining industry with our zero waste mining solutions.
Who we are looking for:
Phoenix is a fast-paced startup and we are looking for enthusiastic-technical minded people with a hands-on attitude to join us in our engineering effort. In this position, you’ll be reporting directly to the VP of Partnerships to build out relationships with potential customers and partners that will support and transpire the mission of Phoenix Tailings.
Even though this role reports to the CEO, you will be a trusted resource for all team members.
What you will do:
- Conduct market research and financial analysis
- Consolidate data to create reports and presentations
- Support customer and partnership engagements
- Support marketing and brand strategy to build multichannel outreach plan
- Support in investor relation diligence, navigating government relationships, writing grants, and any other opportunity that arises for the advancement of the business
What you have:
- Highly motivated to succeed and have a strong work ethic to back it up
- Excited to take the initiative and find new opportunities for the business
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
- Excel within a team environment and motivate others around them
- Ability to quickly understand complex ideas and extract relevant information from technical sources
- Excited about new learning opportunities and resolving challenges that come up
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining. We offer an attractive compensation package with benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and an unlimited vacation policy. This is an opportunity to work in an innovative, exciting, and fast-paced environment focused on revolutionizing how the world’s primary resources are created.