Electrical Engineering Co-Op
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Titanium Metals Corporation (TIMET) is one of the world’s largest fully integrated titanium producers and the only North American sponge producer. Since 1950, TIMET has been leading the industry in mill and melted products, supplying nearly one-fifth of the world’s titanium. We convert rutile ore into sponge; melt and refine ingot and slab; and manufacture mill products. TIMET has a global network of service centers supported by its seven primary melting or mill facilities in Henderson, Nevada; Toronto, Ohio; Morgantown, Pennsylvania; Witton, England; Waunarlwydd, Wales; and Ugine, France. With products ranging from sophisticated high temperature alloys used in jet engines, to advanced corrosion resistant alloys used in the chemical industry, TIMET’s reach spans the breadth of the titanium applications, and has the technical depth to support developments across a wide range of applications. TIMET’s fully integrated supply chain, dedicated research facilities, and decades of experience make us the partner of choice for titanium.
Leveraging advanced electron beam (EB) melting and vacuum arc remelting (VAR), we turn titanium scrap into melted products or intermediate feedstock for both our internal mill production processes and our valued customers around the world. TIMET’s toll melting programs provide customers yet another cost-effective outlet for the scrap they generate. Our customers benefit from exclusive, closed-loop agreements to ensure their raw material scrap flows back into their products to further minimize costs. Our advanced electron beam technology allows most forms of scrap to be remelted while ensuring defect free material to be shipped right back into your supply chain.
The co-op will perform engineering duties associated with providing electrical engineering support which may include: maintenance, equipment / designs / purchases, modifications troubleshooting problems, failure analysis and overview of mechanical systems.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Objectives – the intern will understand the following;
- Providing Electrical Engineering support for the Morgantown facility.
- Assist in or lead in troubleshooting integrated control loops for large industrial drives
- Assist in troubleshooting and diagnosing operating electrical systems utilizing meters, oscilloscopes and other analyzers
- Assist technicians in applying sound logic to troubleshoot process problems by reinforcing electrical fundamentals to highly-trained hourly technicians
- Evaluate manufacturing equipment for optimum function, reliability, and economy
- Initiate and lead Continuous Improvements to our procedures, processes, and equipment
- Assist with or engineers/designs/installs/commissions and tests new equipment and equipment upgrades, including capital projects; supervises and directs outside resources when applicable
- Prepare reports and records promptly; keeps management, associates, and all functionally related departments informed of significant developments
- Inspect quality of work, adherence to applicable standards, procedures, regulations, designs, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities/assignments and responsibilities simultaneously.
Experience & Education
Enrolled in a 4 year college Electrical Engineer program
MUST be able to commit to 6 months
Must have a 2.5+ GPA
Must be capable of working in a group
Ability to lift objects up to 35 pounds if needed
Must be able to think quickly and take action
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.