Wyman Gordon Help Desk Support CO-OP
The Help Desk Support co-op provides first level support to employees on all computing devices and software applications implemented by the Information Technology (IT) department. We will provide both formal and informal mentoring and training.
· Provide help desk support via telephone, personal contact, and remote assistance to employees.
· Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
· Provide services related to and troubleshoot hardware, software and phone problems.
· Document all support interactions in the Help Desk application.
· Monitor open Help Desk ticket requests, dispatches, and follows up with escalated IT personnel to ensure they are addressed in a timely manner.
· Assist in end user training as needed.
· Assist other IT employees in support of problem resolution or product implementation.
· Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
· Pick-up, deploying and maintenance of hardware sometimes up to 50lbs
· Maintain user information and managerial changes in Active Directory
Knowledge and Training
· Experience with PCs, printers, networking and Microsoft operating systems including, knowledge of Active Directory administration functions, Windows 7/10 operating system and basic networking fundamentals.
· Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and technical skills to install, troubleshoot, and repair computer hardware, software, and guide end users in the use of software programs.
· Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware problems.
· Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with limited supervision.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
· Develop and maintain effective relationships and provide outstanding customer service internally and externally.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Ability to evaluate processes and procedures for continuous process improvement.
· Ability to adapt to and work effectively in a fast paced and changing environment with multiple priorities.
· Intermediate word processing, spreadsheets and computer software skills.
· *May be required for afterhours support
Education and Experience
Current student pursing a degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar discipline with a desire to gain real-world experience. One or more years of direct experience troubleshooting hardware/software issues and installing software, patches, updates on desktops, and laptops desirable but not required.