- Design, plan, and implement one Team Service Project to benefit a nonprofit and the wider community *Participate in National Days of Service throughout the service term
- Plan, coordinate, and participate in bi-weekly leadership and professional training workshops to support peer development
- At least once a month, meet outside of placement and program with designated peer team for training, goal-setting, and team-building
- Engage in ongoing evaluation and reflection through monthly service reports, bi-weekly time logs, and a structured feedback process
- Present on service impact during the End of Year Presentations
Temporary / Seasonal
PUBLIC ALLIES SAN ANTONIO
Public Allies San Antonio is a full time AmeriCorps program hosted through Alamo Colleges. We focus on leveraging and building upon a community’s existing assets as the key to long-term economic health and prosperity. We do this by providing opportunities for community organizations and individuals from diverse backgrounds to build their capacity through a values-led, results-driven leadership practice.Allies serve in paid full-time 10 month internship positions at local nonprofits, where they create, improve, and expand services that address issues including youth development, education, public health, and economic development.In addition, Allies participate in a rigorous leadership development program in which local community leaders and experts lead workshops to build the leadership skills of Allies. Allies also participate in community building activities, contribute to community service projects, and receive individual coaching to support their professional development during their apprenticeship.