RBI Austin is looking for a Social Media Intern to join our team. The ideal candidate possesses strong knowledge of the current social media landscape and has professional experience managing social channels. This position is part-time (12-15 hours per week) and is available for school credit.
About the Position
The Social Media Intern will work with the Communications Director to create and implement social media campaigns, monitor and post on social networks, assist with development of content and editorial calendars, create engaging content for blog and social, and provide support to our marketing team at events. Day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing blog and social media content consistent with brand messaging
- Creating and curating content for social posts including visuals, articles, resources, and stories
- Monitoring and posting on social networks in adherence with editorial and communication calendars
- Reviewing data on the performance of social media platforms and adjusting plans or strategies to optimize outreach
We’re seeking a candidate who possesses the characteristics and qualifications below:
- A self-starting, team player: You are a creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration. You are able to work on a team toward specific goals in a mutually edifying and supportive manner.
- A teachable learner: You maintain a teachable and open attitude, have a desire to learn, and display a willingness to try new things.
- A strong communicator: You are comfortable with written, visual, and verbal communication. You desire to share stories, connect with audiences, engage with people through social channels.
- A communications student: You are a student pursuing a college degree in a communications-related field.
About RBI Austin
RBI Austin, an affiliate of Major League Baseball’s Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities program, is a nonprofit organization in Austin, Texas providing baseball and softball leagues, clinics, and Christian-based mentoring to youth in under-resourced communities. More information at www.rbiaustin.org.
Experience: Previous internship experience is required.
Job Type: Internship; Part-time, for school credit only