- General administrative duties
- Case management and supporting Case Managers with vulnerable populations
- Researching community resources
- Mentor a newly arrived family or individual, duties may include:
- Meet with your family/individual one to two times per week for a total of 3 hrs.
- Assist in the coordination of services, including: housing, medical appointments, job training, inter-agency referrals, and crisis intervention.
- Work closely with Case Managers and maintain a high level of organization in documenting activities within client case files and computer databases.
- Work under the supervisor of the Resettlement Supervisor: monthly meeting to discuss performance, provide feedback and ensure intern satisfaction with job duties, weekly check in to discuss tasks and provide support.
- Other duties as assigned to assist USRP and MG case managers
- Professionalism, willingness to work with diverse populations and a commitment to social justice issues
- Enjoy working as a team member as well as independently
- Openness to take on projects as they arise
REFUGEE SERVICES OF TEXAS
Founded in 1978, Refugee Services of Texas (RST) is a social-service agency dedicated to providing assistance to refugees and other displaced persons fleeing persecution based on race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group – as well as to the communities that welcome them. RST provides services to hundreds of refugees, asylees, survivors of human trafficking, and related vulnerable populations from over 30 different countries of origin each year. Originating in Dallas, RST now has service centers in Amarillo, Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth and Houston.