University Advancement Student Specialist for Foundation Relations and Development
Overview: This position is responsible for providing complex administrative support for members of University Advancement, including Senior Staff. The Office of University Advancement supports the mission of St. Edward’s by securing critical funds for university needs and maintains relationships with alumni, parents and friends.
Job Description: The purpose of this position is to provide pertinent support to all development staff with call report uploads, setting up appointments and making thank you calls to all donors.
General office support to University Advancement, made up of Foundation Relations, Development, Communication Relations, Advancement Services. Support is seen as performing general administrative duties, assisting other student staff, and serving as an integral part of the University Advancement staff. Pertinent responsibilities will be to support development staff with call report uploads, setting up appointments and making thank you calls to all donors.
This position will focus primarily on data and fundraising projects within the office:
- -Provide support to the development team and VP Administrative team
- -Various, ongoing data analysis projects, mass mailings, and phone calling donors.
You will also, at times, be responsible for the following:
- -Serve as receptionist by answering the main phone line and greeting callers, directing and screening calls, taking
- detailed messages, greeting and directing visitors, screening visitors and receiving packages.
- -Perform administrative duties by entering data, filing/scanning documents, picking up/dropping off and distributing mail, maintain and replenish office supplies, and recycling.
- -Support University Advancement programs and events in functional areas by assisting with logistics, event set up/clean-up and other duties as assigned. Must be able to work portions of Homecoming and Family Weekend.
- -Maintains University Advancement common areas, copy room and Student Staff work space by ensuring space is clean and organized.
- -Prepare large mailings to be sent in a timely manner when needed to work on campus
- -Run errands when needed to work on campus
- -Other duties as assigned
Must be a current, full time St. Edward’s student
Proven ability to appropriately manage sensitive and confidential information.
MUST be thorough, accurate and detail oriented
Ability to navigate a PC effectively with proficient skills in Microsoft Office
Advanced skills in Excel a must
Ability to troubleshoot data related issues
Skilled at data entry and familiarity with database usage
Ability to manage multiple projects at once
Possess good oral/written communication skills with a customer service demeanor
Must take initiative and work with little supervision working remotely
Ability to type and file efficiently and accurately
Ability to use general office equipment when working on campus (copier, fax, scanner, multi-line phone) Ability to project a professional and mature appearance
Available November 16 ends May 15 Minimum hours: 10 Maximum hours: 20
To apply: Submit a Spring 2021 class schedule, resume, and letter of interest to: Lucie Perez
St. Edward’s University
3001 S. Congress CM 1028
Austin, TX 78745