Purpose: Assists the Business Office with daily office duties, fiscal month and year end closing activities and preparation of annual external audit.
Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists with evaluation and documentation of key business processes and internal controls.
- Preparation of assigned audit schedules.
- Performs weekly journal entry of various banking transactions in general ledger system.
- Assists with identifying transactions and discrepancies in monthly bank reconciliations
- Records recurring month end journal entries and prepares supporting back-up.
- Works independently using specialized accounting knowledge and skills at an advanced level.
- Performs other duties as assigned and special projects.