The Office of Information Technology is searching for student workers to fill the Instructional Technology Skilled Assistant role. This position is part of the OIT Student Ambassadors program that will help serve the Instructional Technology department within OIT following are more details about the role:
- Provides customer support to faculty in the Instructional Technology Hub
- Reviews documents (Word, PowerPoint, PDF) for accessibility and corrects accessibility where necessary
- Captions videos for accessibility
- Assists faculty with Canvas
- Assists Instructional Technology staff in course development
We value the contributions of all of our student workers, and we want to provide you with practical experience to take on your world once you leave the hilltop. In return, we expect you to be reliable, punctual and ready and willing to jump into a challenge. For this position, we’d also like you to have:
- Must be an enrolled St. Edward’s University student and registered for the Fall 2021 semester
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail
- Basic technical skills/comfortable with computers
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work within the outlined schedule on-campus in the Instructional Technology Hub, see the following schedule details.
- This is a part-time non-exempt position. Specific hours scheduled to be worked will be identified by your supervisor; however; you may not exceed 20 hours in any given work week.
- The individual holding this position needs to be available some hours between 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM Monday – Thursday during the Fall 2021 semester to meet the needs of the department.
- Ideally this position will start two weeks prior to the Fall 2021 semester starts to get trained.
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Creation and remediation of accessible documents and videos as required by Section 508 and WCAG 2.2
More About the OIT Student Ambassadors Program
The Instructional Technology Skilled Assistant role is part of our OIT Student Ambassadors program, which includes students working in a variety of roles and with different interests. Student Ambassadors work closely with each other, with OIT staff and with the university community to advocate for and improve campus technology. For our part, we can help pad your resume with a number of opportunities to develop new skills, participate in networking and special events and learn from experienced mentors.
Practically what this means: The Student Ambassador program allows you to advance to positions with broader responsibilities and, accordingly, greater pay. While you may start as a Skilled Assistant I, you can work your way up to more specialized roles.
More About St. Edward’s University – OIT Office of Information Technology
We’re the Office of Information Technology (OIT). More than that, we’re a team of innovators, builders, thinkers, leaders and creatives who want to leave the world better than how we found it.
OIT isn’t just a transactional division of the university. We’re here to innovate, collaborate, educate and support the St. Edward’s community in all we do. We strive to improve the campus experience by selecting the most relevant and useful technology, integrating it with our existing digital ecosystem, and helping our community develop and improve understanding of these tools. In this way, our mission is threefold:
Research, pilot and implement exciting campus technology that best serves a university with far-reaching ambitions and a global outlook.
Partner or consult with students, faculty, and staff as they engage with that technology.
Keep that technology, once implemented, running smoothly.
As exciting as new tools can be, we also understand how important it is for things to “just work.” Each of our teams spends considerable time and effort — whether focused on helping with online course design or maintaining a lightning-fast wireless network — ensuring everything does.
In short, we’re here to connect people to solutions. But we’re also here to champion connectivity and campus vibrancy. To learn more about OIT, visit https://www.stedwards.edu/information-technology.