Provides entry level support to assigned organization or department through hands-on experience learning the fundamentals of basic costuming for main stage productions.
· Provides entry level support to assigned organizations or department through the execution of basic techniques in costume construction and various forms of crafting.
· Works under immediate supervision in groups or on individual projects i.e. assist other students in qualified leadership roles or production projects.
· Performs other duties as assigned i.e. administrative paperwork, typing, assisting in fitting procedures, running errands on campus as needed, performs general laundry task and basic techniques for aging, distressing and dying of costumes, perform routine cleaning of the costume shop and maintenance of shop equipment.
· Must be an enrolled student at St. Edwards University at least part-time.
· No previous work experience or formal training, but basic knowledge of sewing machine operation and hand sewing techniques are required. Advanced skills will be taught.
· Must be dependable, punctual, have the ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. This job requires attention to detail and the ability to follow verbal and written directions.
· Ability to use stairs, climb ladders up to 8 feet and lift or carry up to 10 pounds is essential.
Skilled Costume Assistant 1 pay ranges from 9.00-9.50. Increments discussed during the interview.