Provides intermediate skilled and specialized support to department through hands-on experience learning the fundamentals of basic costuming for main stage productions.
· Provides intermediate level support to assigned organizations or department through the execution of basic techniques in costume construction and various forms of crafting.
· May be assigned to work on complex projects individually or in groups.
· Works independently or with only general supervision in groups or individual projects i.e. assist other students in qualified leadership roles or on individual production projects.
· Performs other duties as assigned i.e. administrative paperwork, typing and assisting in fitting procedures and run errands on campus as needed, perform general laundry task and basic techniques for aging, distressing and dying of costumes, perform routine cleaning of the costume shop and maintenance of shop equipment.
· Must be enrolled at St. Edward’s University at least part-time.
· 1 year previous work experience with intermediate knowledge of sewing machine operation and hand sewing techniques are required. Advanced skills will be taught.
· Must be dependable, punctual, have the ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. This job requires attention to detail and the ability to follow verbal and written directions.
· Ability to use stairs, climb ladders up to 8 feet and lift or carry up to 10 pounds is essential.
Skilled Costume Assistant 2 pay ranges from 9.25-10.25. Increments discussed during the interview.