Provides entry level clerical support and assistance to assigned department. Location will be in Fleck Hall 2nd floor [or another on campus office if this department relocates due to recent reorganization announcement].
- Provides standard day-to-day clerical functions in support of the office
- Assists the students, faculty, staff, vendors, or visitors
- May be assigned to work on complex projects and data entry projects or other database assistance
- Works independently or with only general supervision
- Provide support for event coordination
- Assist with inventory and maintenance of general office areas
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be an enrolled student at St. Edwards University at least part-time
- Preference for first year student with intent to work with GPS until graduation
- Financial aid award work study funded students only, please
- Ability to perform routine tasks and operate simple office equipment
- Proficient computer skills
- 1 year previous work experience
- PC and Mac proficient
- General knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe Pro
This is a part-time non-exempt position. Hours scheduled to be worked will be identified by your supervisor; however; the incumbent may not exceed 20 hours in any given work week. The individual holding this position may need to be available early morning, evening and weekends to meet the needs of the department.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS / CERTIFICATIONS
SKILL DEVELOPMENT AREAS
1. Time Management
2. Critical Thinking
3. Problem Solving
4. Verbal and written communication skills
Students will be evaluated on satisfactory completion of tasks assigned. Evaluations should take place at the end of each semester in which work was completed.