Digital Audio-Visual Associate (Work Study)
The Office of Information Technology is looking for a driven Digital Audio-Visual Associate. We are looking for someone interested in Information Technology and customer support. This position will be responsible for the initial front-line interaction with our customers and will provide tier 1 troubleshooting and assistance.
- Research, update and prioritize customer incidents and requests as they are received into our case management system via email, chat, or online forms.
- Monitor, update and resolve existing support cases while maintaining consistent, accurate and friendly communications for all support issues to customers.
- Provide assistance and troubleshooting to students, faculty, and staff through virtual support sessions as needed.
- Contribute to the OIT internal knowledge base for agent support.
- Assist students and alumni with account access issues.
- Facilitate and enable the effective use of technology in the Classroom and other videoconferencing and technology-rich spaces.
- Provide technical and practical assistance to IT Technical Analysts, Systems Engineers, and the IT department.
- Serve as part of the rapid response team for technical issues on campus.
- Participate in planning deployment for technology upgrades. Participate in managing technology installations and maintenance including performing onsite installation, repair and configuration of computers, peripherals and A/V equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
OIT Student Ambassador Program
The Digital Design Associate is part of our OIT Student Ambassador program, which includes students working in a variety of roles and with different interests. Student Ambassadors work closely with each other, with OIT staff, and with the university community to advocate for and improve campus technology. For our part, we can help pad your resume with a number of opportunities to develop new skills, participate in networking and special events and learn from experienced mentors.
Practically what this means: The Student Ambassador program allows you to advance to positions with broader responsibilities and, accordingly, greater pay. While you may start as an Associate, you can work your way up to more specialized roles.
We value the contributions of all of our interns and student workers, and we want to provide you with practical experience to take on your world once you leave the hilltop. In return, we expect you to be reliable, punctual and ready, and willing to jump into a challenge. For this position, we’d also like you to have:
- Focused attention to detail
- Some experience with computer software and hardware is preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Willingness to collaborate and grow as a team.
- Ability to follow process and documentation.
- Availability to work up to 20 hours a week.
- Ability to work autonomously while producing expected volume and quality of work.