Position: Office Assistant
Department: President’s Office
Positions Available: 2
Pay Range: $8.25-$9.25, commensurate with experience
The President’s Office is looking for two students that are self-motivated and well-organized to join our team! The ideal student will have excellent communication skills, a can-do attitude, and a desire to have an impact on their community. The selected students will be expected to represent the President’s Office in a professional and courteous manner, as well as maintain confidentiality. We are looking for students that can work 15-20 hours per week, Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Front desk reception: greet and direct visitors, answer multi-line telephone, greet and direct internal and external visitors, provide excellent customer service.
- Provide clerical support
- Data processing
- Ordering office supplies
- Photocopying and scanning
- Obtaining and distributing mail
- Assisting with research projects
- Making campus deliveries
- Assisting with special projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working and interacting with a diverse group of community stakeholders
- Technical and programming skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good academic standing
- Occasionally lifting of boxes, filing, mailing, handling of supplies, up to 25 pounds, etc.
Skills you will gain:
Leadership development skills, professional development, experience in an executive setting.
An opportunity to make an impact in the SEU community, further development of critical professional skills (time management, prioritization, etc.) as well as exposure to leadership in higher education.