ABOUT THE JOB
- This job provides entry level clerical support and assistance to the Residence Life Office.
- This is an in-person job in the Residence Life Office located in Community Building 1.
- Working hours are Monday – Friday between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm.
- This is a part-time non-exempt position. Hours scheduled to be worked will be identified by your supervisor; however; Office Assistants may not exceed 20 hours in any given work week.
- Starting pay is $8.25, commensurate with experience.
- All applicants MUST have federal work study.
As representatives of the Residence Life Department, Office Assistants are expected to:
- Act as a role model for other students and abide by the rules and regulations of the residence halls and university.
- Remain free of residence hall or university disciplinary probation.
- Be familiar with the Residence Life Handbook, the Student Handbook, and our website so you can answer questions that may arise.
- Maintain the confidentiality of resident phone numbers, room numbers, and other resident information.
- Become familiar with Residence Life facilities, programs, and offerings.
- Due to COVID-19, face masks must be worn at all times in the office and you will be asked to wipe down and sanitize your work space at the end of each shift.
Residence Life Office Assistants should be able to assist and perform the following duties:
- Answer multi-line phones courteously, identifying yourself, and addressing the caller’s request.
- Take down detailed phone messages and transfer calls for all Residence Life staff.
- Greet and interact with visitors. Answer questions regarding on-campus housing.
- Process and distribute mail and packages.
- Keep Residence Life office as well as work space clean and orderly.
- Perform all job related duties before doing homework/non-work related tasks.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills, making sure to tell supervisor well in advance about scheduling conflicts.
- Answer emails to the Residence Life Helpdesk.
- Operate in the housing database, StarRez.
- Check equipment in and out to residents and other student staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor or other Residence Life staff (organizing resident folders, calling residents, sorting mail, making copies, etc).