The SEU Social Work Program seeks a student of any major to assist social work faculty with duties that may include, but are not limited to: data and file management; updating program documents; and preparing and maintaining website materials. The Social Work Program Assistant may also complete tasks related to teaching (grading and course preparation), research-related tasks (literature reviews, data collection, and data analysis), and other duties as assigned.
The Social Work Program Assistant is supervised by the Social Work Program Director and may also work with and complete tasks for other faculty in the Social Work Program. It is imperative that the student be highly organized and able to work without constant supervision. The student will share an office with the Director of the Social Work Program and therefore must be flexible when confidential meetings need to occur and work in another available space. (Please note that the student will work remotely if required by COVID-19 or public health restrictions).
Essential Duties include:
- Provides standard day-to-day clerical functions in support of the office
- Assists the students, faculty, staff, vendors, or visitors
- May be assigned to work on complex projects and data entry projects or other database assistance
- Works independently or with only general supervision
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be an enrolled student at St. Edwards University at least part-time
- Ability to perform routine tasks and operate simple office equipment
- Proficient computer skills
- 1 year previous work experience
- Must be eligible for work-study funding