Provide support to local nonprofit, government, and community-based organizations, as designed to improve the quality of life for community residents, particularly low-income individuals, or to solve particular problems related to their needs.
The Reading and Math Tutoring Program, also called America Reads/Counts, is grounded in the philosophy that children are our nation’s greatest asset. The program calls on students to support teachers and help ensure that every child can read well and perform basic mathematical functions by the end of the third grade. Math tutors (America Counts) can also work with children through the ninth grade. Eligible and dedicated college students are called to serve as tutors, mentors and role models.
- Provides standard day-to-day functions in support of the office
- May be assigned to work on complex projects
- Works independently or with only general supervision
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be an enrolled student at St. Edwards University at least part-time
- Ability to perform standard tasks and operate office equipment
- Proficient computer skills
- 1 Year previous work experience
This is a part-time non-exempt position. Hours scheduled to be worked will be identified by your supervisor; however; the incumbent may not exceed 20 hours in any given work week. The individual holding this position may need to be available early morning, evening and weekends to meet the needs of the department.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT / CERTIFICATIONS
- Background check required
SKILL DEVELOPMENT AREAS
- Time Management
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
Students will be evaluated on satisfactory completion of tasks assigned. Evaluations should take place at the end of each semester in which work was completed.
$9.75 – $10.75
Temporary / Seasonal
Education / Teaching / Training